- Hotels & Airport Information
- Forum Venue
- VISA information
A block booking for self-paying Forum delegates has been made at hotel Southern Sun Ridgeway.
To take advantage of this block booking, please use the following information:
Corporate ID: 55EDC502
Rate code: GRPW02
The discount rates (including breakfast, tax and wifi) are as follows:
USD 145.00 SINGLE
USD 180.00 DOUBLE
Please note: the rate code GRPW02 has to be entered in promotion field for the rates to apply.
Map of Hotels
The venue is marked with a yellow star.
(The airport is also marked with a yellow star northeast of the venue and hotels. Click and drag the map to view.)
Most Lusaka hotels provide bus transfers to and from the airport. Just ask the hotel representative when making your reservation. Early booking is highly recommended.
|Hotel||Rate (in USD): Single room per night|
|Southern Sun Ridgeway||$145|
|Protea Hotel Cairo Road||$120|
|Protea Hotel Lusaka||$168|
|Protea Hotel Lusaka Tower||$192|
Hotel rates are subject to availability and may change.
The airport is located off the Great East Road, approximately 14 kilometres (8.7 mi) northeast of the central business district of Lusaka, the capital and largest city of Zambia.
Taxis and hotel shuttle buses are the most common form of transport to and from the city, the ride to the city centre takes approximately 20-25 minutes depending on the traffic.
Address: Kenneth Kaunda International Airport Lusaka, Lusaka 10101 Zambia
e-Visa application for Zambia
If you need a visa for Zambia, we strongly urge you to apply through the Electronic Visa Application System. All persons who ordinarily require a visa to come to Zambia, are eligible to apply for an e-Visa.
For visa requirements per country, see visa requirements to enter Zambia per country (PDF).
The e-Visa is an official document (i.e. the e-Visa approval letter) permitting entry into and travel within Zambia. Applying for an e-Visa is much more convenient than applying for your visa at the Zambian mission in your country of residence or (if you are eligible) on arrival.
What do I need for my e-Visa application?
- You need a travel document valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to enter Zambia.
- Depending on your nationality different documents need to be uploaded. The e-visa system will provide you with this information. Please note: only documents in JPG or PNG format can be uploaded to the e-Visa system.
- However, everyone will need to upload the following documents:
- A cover letter on company letterhead with full address and contact numbers addressed to the director general of immigration
- A certified copy of certificate of incorporation for host company
- An invitation letter from EDCTP
- A scan of your passport (photo and ID page)
- A separate scan of a passport sized/style photo of you
About 1 and 2. Documents 1 and 2 are actually the same document but it has to be uploaded twice. Find the document here.
About 3: For obtaining the EDCTP invitation letter please follow the steps below:
- Log in to the EDCTP Forum registration system
- Go to Home and click on -to event-
- Click on Create invitation letter
- Submit your passport information
- The letter can now be created. While saving the document please remember to convert to JPG or PNG format before uploading the document in the e-Visa system.
How do I pay?
No online payment facility is available for the e-Visa during your application. Applicants are required to pay on arrival at their port of entry in Zambia.
Your application and the Visa Approval Letter
- After submitting the e-Visa application you will receive an email message with a link to activate your e-Visa application. (It might land in your spam folder).
- Please respond to this confirmation e-mail within 1 hour or the application will be cancelled and you will have to apply again.
- Once the application has been successfully activated you can always go back to your application, to check the status of your application.
- After approval of your application, you will receive an email of the Zambian Immigration Department with the e-Visa approval letter. The Visa Approval Letter is valid for 3 months from the date of issue.
- Upon arrival at the port of entry, you are expected to present your passport, visa approval letter and then pay the visa fee to receive the visa sticker for your passport.