We welcome satellites to the Forum that are relevant to EDCTP’s mission and objectives and offer valuable knowledge sharing and learning opportunities for the Forum participants.
Organise your own satellite with a programme that you have the freedom to design in order to present your latest research, product development or policy initiatives.
The satellite title, topic and draft programme will have to be submitted in advance to EDCTP for approval. Please submit your materials by 15 August 2016.
Tentative Slots — TBC
The satellite will be scheduled in order to avoid topic competition*. The floor plan and a list of available rooms will be published on this page shortly.
- Monday, 7 November 2016, lunch time slot (duration: 60 minutes)
- Tuesday, 8 November 2016, lunch time slot (duration: 60 minutes)
- Tuesday, 8 November 2016, evening slot (duration: 60 minutes)
- Wednesday, 9 November 2016, lunch time slot (duration: 60 minutes)
*A maximum of two parallel satellites per lunchtime slot will take place.
As a satellite organiser, you will be requested to pay a fee to EDCTP that will cover the rental of the room, standard technical equipment, administrative expenses in addition to contributing towards the costs of supporting African researchers to attend the Forum. In addition to holding a satellite adjacent to the Forum programme, you will be given the opportunity to have your:
- Literature displayed on a table at the room entrance
- Satellites announced on the EDCTP Forum 2016 website and in an email sent to all participants in advance of the Forum
- Logo displayed on the Forum website
- Logo and a link to your website included in one mailing to all pre-registered participants sent by the EDCTP secretariat.
|Frequency:||1-2 times a day|
|Slots Available:||6-8 depending on programme possibilities|
|Audience:||Room for 150-200||EUR 1,500|
|Room for 500-600||EUR 4,000|
Disclaimer: Satellites are held at the 2016 EDCTP Forum venue; however, these satellites are not a recognised part of the scientific and/or educational content of the Forum programme.